There are always fun things to do in Langley, especially now that the weather is warming up and summer is almost here! You can find everything from parks to farms to outdoor entertainment that is all within city limits. Here are some ideas to get you started.
A sunny afternoon is well-spent simply wandering the streets of downtown Langley. There are many sights to see and shops and restaurants to explore! Here are some ways you can keep the fun going:
• Check out the water park in Douglas Park. It’s a one minute walk from downtown, and your children will have hours of fun just splashing around.
• The Innes Corners water fountain is a peaceful spot to visit, and a great place for a family photo op.
• Hunt down the 15 heritage signs dotted around downtown. Each one tells the story of the historic buildings. Bonus round: Look for the five unique wooden statues that depict the town’s history.
With school wrapping up for the year, you’ll get to spend a lot more time with your little ones. Here are some all-ages activities your whole family will love:
• Learn about our city’s history at the Fort Langley National Historic Site. The rugged 1800’s era atmosphere there will transport you back in time. There are tours, demonstrations, and loads more to provide you with a fun and educational experience. (Source: http://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/bc/Langley)
• Take a trip out to the Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery. You can pick your own strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, or see what other fresh products they have to offer at the Market. Be sure to check out the bakery for some treats for the kids, and pick up some wine as a treat for yourself! (http://www.krauseberryfarms.com)
• Get out your bicycle and spend a leisurely afternoon on the Fort to Fort Trail. It’s very easy and well-maintained, so it’s perfect for all skill levels.
• Enjoy live music in Willoughby Community Park with the Canada 150 Concert Series! There will be performances from different local acts every Thursday night in July and August at 7pm.
Date Night Ideas
Sometimes, it’s nice to leave the kids with the sitter and have a nice evening out with your significant other. There are plenty of things for you to do around town and in the Fraser Valley.
• Go out for dinner and a show! Langley’s own Township 7 Winery is performing Shakespeare’s classic Much Ado About Nothing for Bard in the Valley this summer. Pack a picnic for dinner and enjoy the wine. Not a theater person? Fresh Air Cinema is returning this summer with free outdoor blockbusters throughout the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver areas.
• For a classic date night that will have you both feeling like teenagers again, try bowling or have a round of mini golf. Here in Langley, check out Willowbrook Lanes for bowling and The Great Escape for mini golf, laser tag, and more!
• Incentivise your significant other to take that ballroom dancing class with you by offering them dessert after! Dancing for Dessert studio in Langley teaches Ballroom and Latin dances for couples and also offers private lessons in many other partner genres.
There are so many fun things for you and your family to do in our beautiful city. The memories are just waiting to be made!